Steve Melzer is a consulting engineer in Midland, Texas specializing in understanding the reservoirs below the oil/water contacts as well as CO2 injection projects and enhanced oil recovery (EOR). Working with The University of Texas of the Permian Basin, he led a cross discipline team to research the origins, properties and distribution of residual oil zones in the Permian Basin under the sponsorship of RPSEA.
He provides engineering and business planning services for a variety of U.S. and International commercial clients in the oil and gas, industrial gas, coal and power sectors as well as advising policy makers and non-governmental organizations on the subject of CO2 EOR and carbon capture and storage.
- BS in geological engineering from Texas A&M
- MS degree in Engineering from Purdue University
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- Director of The University of Texas of the Permian Basin’s Petroleum Industry Alliance from 1993-1997
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) - Member
- Technical Advisory Board for the Enhanced Oil Recovery Institute