Mr. Jones is a geologist with 17 years of experience in energy minerals and natural resources. He is a licensed Professional Geologist with the Wyoming Board of Professional Geologists. His focus is the subsurface mapping and resource assessment of oil, gas, and coal. In addition to this Mr. Jones is a subject matter expert on Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) in clastic and carbonate reservoirs. His work includes creating the Wyoming Reservoir Information Tool (WyRIT) – an online geospatial information and engineering tool focused on Wyoming oil and gas reservoirs, collaboratively developing and conducting single well pilot tests in Minnelusa and Muddy reservoirs, creating the Wyoming Resource Integration Model (WyRIM) (Copyright © 2017 by Nick R. Jones) – a statewide 3D-geospatial subsurface model that integrates energy development data with reservoir data, field studies and characterizations of eolian sandstones, clastic fluvial and marginal marine sediments, palustrine and paludal depositional systems, technical assessment, training, project management, education, and public speaking.
- B.A. Journalism, University of Wyoming
- B.S. Geology, University of Wyoming
- M.S. Geology, University of Wyoming
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- Wyoming Geological Association
- Registered Licensed Professional Geologists (PG- 3580) – Board of Wyoming Professional Geologists