- Discuss the potential for future secondary recovery (water flooding) projects in Wyoming.
- Estimate potential reserves for new secondary oil recovery projects in Wyoming
- Estimate the potential additional tax revenue to the state from these future secondary recovery projects.
- Estimate the impact on employment.
- Open a meaningful discussion on ways to encourage the initiation of additional waterflooding and other EOR projects in the state.
- State should consider policies to incentivize development of IOR/EOR projects as part of the policy to optimize exploitation of the state's natural resources and to provide revenue to the state.
- The potential for future secondary and tertiary projects needs to be seriously measured before decisions are made to force wells to be plugged and abandoned.
- At issue: Efficient exploitation of state's oil resources, tax revenue to the state of at least $2.3 billion, jobs, standard of living for Wyoming residents.