Background and objective
How do the high K strikes in core data possibly impact oil production Ash Creek field in Pilot 3?
- Introduction & model settings
- Comparison of the simulation results
- Primary analysis of Ash Creek data
- The synthetic models of Pilot 3 area are generated and the simulations are completed.
- The high values of core permeability do impact the production, injection efficiency, and sweep efficiency.
- In general, an uniform permeability distribution over the entire field is better for high production, high injection and high sweep efficiency over the entire field.
- However, in a small local area, cells having high permeability seems better for production. seems better for production.
- High heterogeneity of the field made a high remaining oil in place and a high homogeneity field will produce a high amount of oil.